Monday, June 28

Worth the Drive

On Sunday B and I were on our own since my parents are on vacay. I suggested we go somewhere different to eat lunch after church. B suggested the little deli I've been hearing about ~ Wallace Station!
So I got out my BB and looked up the directions {it's so funny how I rely on my smart phone now!} and we were off. It's about a 25 minute drive from the south end of Lexington and a very beautiful one at that. Most of the drive you are passing gorgeous horse farms with amazingly large homes on the Kentucky Scenic Bypass.
Once we arrived, we pulled up into, well, a VERY small house. We got a little nervous at first, but once we stepped inside we could definitely see what all the buzz was about. It was decorated in horse pictures, jockey silks, and a little wall art from Guy Ferrari (From The Food Network).


{the restaurant is names after the horse - so says the poster}

We'd heard it was all about the burgers there, and knowing me - I am quite the burger consumer, we both had to try those. It was a hard choice because the sandwiches looked yummy too!

OH. MY. GOODNESS.
Burger Paradise.
I had the Big Brown with ham, burger, cheese, Parmesan cheese, bacon, and mustard.
B had the Doug's Almost Famous with white cheddar.
We just kept smiling the whole time we were eating. It was awesome. Probably in my top 2 burgers. And that's a hard list to make.

The service was friendly, fast, Ale-8 on tap, and horse paraphernalia all around.
What more could you ask for?

I'd definitely suggest you taking a drive to try it out. If you click on the link above, it will take you to the website complete with hours and a menu.
YUM.

It's even going to be on The Food Network tonight at 10:00!


{Sorry Kat for not waiting...We figured you all were busy since we didn't get a text back that morning!! And FYI-not near Midway and the shops at all!}

2 comments:

  1. this was and still is my favorite restaurant in the greater lexington area! So glammed you finally discovered it. And now I crave the Cubano :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ehhhh. I am not happy about this. I read this post a few days back but couldn't comment due to my extreme sadness :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing positive comments from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...