Monday, August 16

Not-Your-Average Coleslaw Wrap

I think I just made the easiest plus yummiest meal ever.
Of course, I know the meal is approved if my husband states, "put this on the rotation, baby".

He did.

So here you go.

Not-Your-Average Coleslaw Wrap
{I would have a pic, but forgot. SORRY! I know pics are always better than the recipe!}
What you need:
1 package of Tortilla wraps
about a cup of shredded cheddar cheese
small Tyson bag of pre-cooked Southwestern style chicken strips (you know, the kind you only need to cook for 3 minutes)
Mayo
Salt & Pepper
Hot Sauce
Broccoli and Raisin Salad (from the deli~it's already pre-packaged)
How to make:
Cook the chicken strips in a skillet on Med-Hi for about 5 minutes. Add Salt & Pepper and hot sauce over the chicken.
Meanwhile, heat 4 wraps (for 2 people) in the microwave for 40 seconds.
Take one knife spread of Mayo in the middle of the wrap
Place chicken strips over Mayo
Layer with Broccoli & Raisin coleslaw and top with cheese
Then wrap and secure with a toothpick

Yes, it's that easy.
And oh-so-delish! I don't really like raisins but I swear I couldn't taste it. The sweet and cold paired with hot and spicy was so yummy!

I paired it with 90 second garden rice from Uncle Ben's Rice and fried some green tomatoes courtesy of my Dad's farm. MMMMMmmmm.

Disclaimer~I'm sure this has been made before, but I didn't find this in a recipe book so I couldn't give credit where credit was due. I just had wraps and chicken in the fridge and was craving coleslaw but found this new kind. Who craves coleslaw? Apparently this girl does.

Let me know if you try it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing positive comments from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...