Wednesday, April 13

I'm BAACK!

OK, not as in posting...I know, I post a lot. :) haha

I'm back to COOKING! YAYAYAYAYAY! It makes me feel so good and it also makes Brian feel so good!  {praise the Lord} I'm feeling good, so I decided to cook almost every night this week ~ and add a new recipe with each meal!

I went to my fav. cookbook for some ideas - Southern Living Ultimate Quick and Easy Cookbook, a gift from my mom a long time ago!

So, here's my menu for the week, and I hoping to share a few recipes from these meals with you, too!
Day 1: Home-made Potato Soup, Tiny Cream Cheese Biscuits, and Pimento Cheese toasted sandwiches
Day 2: grilled corn on the cob with jalepeno butter, cottage-cheese mac'n'cheese, salad
Day 3: Tortellini Carbonara, honey-fruit

Recipe: Tiny Cream Cheese BiscuitsPrep: 8 minutes, Cook: 16 minutes
1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened {we used fat free}
1/2 C butter, softened
1 C self-rising flour

Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until creamy.  Gradually add flour, beating at low speed just until blended.  Spoon dough into ungreased miniature muffin pans, filling full.  Bake at 400 degrees for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.  Serve hot.
*We thought it would take even better with red pepper-jelly on top!  We also lightly sprayed butter on top, too!
The recipe says it would pair perfectly with soup...which is why I made it with the homemade soup...but I think it'd taste good with just about anything! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing positive comments from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...