Sunday, February 5

Harper's Verses

So,  I've been looking for a while for a few core verses that I want to pray on a daily basis for Harper.

These will obviously change as she gets older, but for now I felt like I needed something to keep me accountable.  I was looking for key scriptures from the Bible that I want Harper to know throughout her life.

 So, I decided for now to focus on these:
*find peace in Christ
*find hope and comfort in Christ
*find her beauty through Christ
*find joy and happiness through Christ

I compiled my list of about 20 down to just a few that I could honestly say I will be able to read on a daily basis and make a conscious effort to pray each day. I think I'm going to print one off and put on my mirror in the bathroom and place one on my desk or on my plan book at work.  I was telling Brian about it and he loved the idea, so I'm hoping he'll join me in this effort; again, making it a little easier for two slightly crazy parents to focus on something small, yet so big. ;)


Some of these verses almost seemed too mainstream for me, but they were definitely the ones that I kept coming back to when I was focusing on the list of things I wanted to pray for. Maybe that will make it easier to memorize and pray throughout the day??!


If you'd like a copy of this, I'd be happy to email it to you.  I made the photo on Picnik and just printed it on paper at home. You could always print it as a picture or on a canvas - something I'll do in Harper's future when she's old enough to start learning and memorizing her own "life" verses. I pretty much kind of love this idea {hehe}, so if you want a different version or a boy version, send me your scriptures and I'd be glad to make you one. :)

8 comments:

  1. This is such an awesome idea! I love the verses you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please email to me! sbranam@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Have to do this before Picnik is no more!! I have a calendar that I pray for both of my kids with, it's one thing a day ie salvation, humility, a heart for missions, selflessness, etc. but I like being specific about a few of them! Great idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this idea!! So much that I think I'm going to copy the idea if you don't mind =) And you are so right that it's something small you can do that makes such a big difference!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea!!! Can you email this to me at annaminahan@yahoo.com ? Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea. You really did a great job with this. I really enjoyed my visit here and I will be back. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing positive comments from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...