Friday, February 3

Valentine's Day Craft

MOM, don't read. :)

I had this idea and suggested to my sister that it would be fun to make a version of my Valentine's Day gift from Harper to Brian for the grands! She thought it would be fun and agreed.
{Brian already received his, the Grands have not!}

Oh was this fun. A little too comical, but very fun!  Picture a 3 year old, a 15 month old, and a 3 month old, red paint, feet, and markers! Yikes! But, I'm happy to say everyone participated perfectly and the end result was awesome!

For Colby and Cameron's Daddy

For GG and GDaddy


For Brian's, I wrote a little note to him around the feet in the shape of a heart. He LOVED it. It brought him to tears {sorry honey}.
On GG and GDaddy's we just drew hearts around their feet. Umm, I didn't realize how big their feet were or I would have gotten a larger canvas!

Directions:
We poured Crayola washable paint onto a paper plate. We placed one foot at a time in the paint, and then one of us held the feet while the other pressed them into the canvas! Then, we carried the babies to the sink to wash! So easy and such a sweet and memorable craft!
*I found out that canvas is washable, too! Harper curled her toes the first time, so I washed off the canvas and started over!
Aunt KiKi and H. H looks thrilled, haha
Let me know if you make this!
I'm linking up with: Find Your Craft , Six Sisters Stuff , Adventures of a DIY Mom
and posting to my Pinterest page!

{if you put this idea on your blog, please link back to me as it was an original idea}

13 comments:

  1. This is beyond-words ADORABLE, Megan!! Don't you just love that you'll have their little feet decorating your house forever? I'm definitely going to have to do this with B!! Thanks for sharing!!

    I hope you'll link up @ Find Your Craft Friday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest thing ever! I'd love to try this idea, I'd just have to find someone to come over and help me. :) How big of a canvas did you use? And where did you get it from, just a local craft store?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! They all turned out great:) Such a fun Valentine's idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute! they turned out great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! It came out great. I'm your newest follower. If you get a chance stop by www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com/2012/01/sea-life-stool.html and check out our hand printed stool. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing this craft! B's teacher at daycare is in the hospital and I wanted to make her a card from him and this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw you link on Rachel's blog. Such a great idea!

    PS I'm now following :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is soooo cute and we love the footprints! Thanks so much for joining us on "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We loved having you and hope to see you back next Saturday with more great ideas! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wanted to let you know that I featured Harper's sweet little prints on FYCF this week!! Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing positive comments from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...